Re: Selecting a modem based on the area code

> Hi,
> Has anyone implemented a process whereby a fax can be directed to a
> specific modem based on the destination phone number or area code?
> I would like to place a modem in each of our nodes located thought the
> country. Each of these would therefore be "local" to that region whilst
> there is one central HylaFAX server.
> I notice this is in the TODO list
It wouldn't be too hard to put a shell/perl/... script wrapper around

This script would examine the destination phone number, look up in a
table which "Server" would be servicing that number, set the FAXSERVER=
environment variable, then call sendfax.  I could whip it off in about
4 lines of shell script for an easy implementation.

Let me know if you want more info.

Good Luck,
	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions