Re: Fixed Font for Ghostscript

I finally found what I was looking for (sounds like a song title doesn't
it?) after a few hours of web surfing.  The solution always seemed to me to
find a fixed pitch font, and as courier is one of the most widely used I
searched high and low (another song title??) until I found such a font with
a font metrics file.

There seem to be a few fonts out there without a font metrics file, but I
finally found one that had an .afm file.

Grab it from
(I've attached the URL below)

I'm still not very happy about having to hard code the font details into
the mailfax file but until I get a better answer...

Hope this helps and thanks for all the other replies.

> From: Paul S. Russell <paulr@cmysys.com>
> To: flexfax@sgi.com
> Subject: Re: flexfax: Fixed Font for Ghostscript
> Date: 18 October 1998 19:45
> On 17 Oct 98 at 10:34, David Reid wrote:
> > I need a fixed width font to allow Ghostscript to format an email in
> > such a way that it still looks like the original form that's being
> > emailed for faxing.  The form is essentially an ascii form, but as
> > soon as it's converted to Postscript by GS with a proportional font
> > the formatting is ruined.  Under windows, using Courier-New it keeps
> > the formatting and looks good.  With Courier-Bold and GS it looks
> > like s**t!
> I'd like an answer to this one too.  I'm using...
> TextFont:       Courier-Bold
> TextPointSize:  12
> ... which makes the faxes readable, but certainly not very
> professional looking.
> Anyone???
> --paul
>   Paul S. Russell, CMY Systems Sdn. Bhd., Shah Alam, Malaysia
>   E-mail: paulr@cmysys.com  Web: http://www.cmysys.com/info/
>   Phone: +60 (0)3 559 4616  Fax: +60 (0)3 550 4249
>   Visit Malaysian Motorsports at http://www.cmysys.com/mmsports/
Attachment Converted: "C:\PROGRAM FILES\EUDORA\Attach\Index of afssipb.mit.educontribpostscript....URL"

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions