Re: [hylafax-users] Newbie sendfax question

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 05:29:57PM -0500, Jeff Herring wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of files that can be
> specified in a sendfax command? for example:
> [user]# sendfax -n -N -d1234567 /usr/some/files/file1.ps
> /use/where/else/file2.ps ......
> How long can this line be? can I use continuation characters? could I
> somehow pipe a file to sendfax containing filenames to send?

Without looking in the code, I'd suspect that you are limited only
by the length of the command line, which means go to the directory in
which most of the files live, or the lowest common directory.

No, I don't think sendfax has a flag for filename indirection, but
that's a hack that oughtn't be horribly hard to add; if you do, make
a patch out of it for us, won't you?  :-)

-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink