Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax + WAN

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

>>What you need is a CSU/DSU.  Search deja on my name; you should find a
>>whole slew of discussions on this topic ??.??.telcom (I forget the name
>>of the group).
>>Adtran makes one; I can give you email addresses for the people you need
>>to talk to.  It involves a bit of custom programming on Adtran's part
>>and some extra hardware.
>It would likely be comp.dcom.telecom or .tech... but I wasn't aware
>that you could timeslot-split a PRI the way you can on a T-1, where all
>the signalling is in-band.
Well, I got 1 ISDN/PRI coming in, two ISDN/PRI going out, 4 ISDN/BRI
going out, and 8 POTS going  out.  The Adtran does all its magic, and
everyone thinks they have 23 PRI channels available.  It works  - maybe
it is magic.  Heck, Adtran charges enough for it to BE magic.  OTOH,
they are by far the best company I've ever worked with for support.

Yan Seiner
President, Cardinal Engineering, Inc.

spam killer code kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq
(see http://www.paganini.net/ask)