Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-users]

Sene Guillaume wrote:

I found the page on HYLAFAX website : http://www.hylafax.org/howto/clients/faxmail-nonrandom-host.php <http://www.hylafax.org/howto/clients/faxmail-nonrandom-host.php>
It explain how to deliver mail to fax server with a network.
the adresses user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx is not be routed by the network to the fax server.
I've tried to change sendmail.cf with the new line : R$+.FAX<@$+> $1<@$2.FAX>
I've put this line just before the line : R$+<@$+.FAX.> $#fax $@ $2 $: $1
But i doesn't work.
I receive an error mail : "user unknown" because user XXXXX.FAX doesn't exist.
Can someone help me ?

I had the same problem before. the solution i found (untill i can think another one, your email must be sent to:

ex: 123456789.fax@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and those lines (that are fine) must be placed in the sendmail of your hylafax server.

since the user can be a random one, you cannot send the emails to your email server, as it will not understand them.

another thing: have you add the mailer definitions to the sendmail.cf file ? they are needed.

the error you are getting is because something is missing in your configuration.

PS: just a reminder - everytime you rebuild the sendmail.mc file, all the changes to sendmail.cf are lost and replaced by the sendmail.mc

my advise: make all the changes you need to sendmail.mc then change what you want in the sendmail.cf and just restart your sendmail

hope helpfull.

Bruno Santos

Say no to Software Patents
Bruno Santos