Re: [hylafax-users] Iaxmodem - identifying user

Maciej Żwirski wrote:

The question is: is there a way to pass data about a user initiating a fax call from Hylafax to Asterisk? I mean, I've got xfaxferlog on the Hylafax side and I've got CDR's on the Asterisk side. I need to find a way to glue the together... Maybe there is a way to force a dynamic CID in the Iaxmodem config?

This was one of the primary purposes behind the HylaFAX+ ModemSetOriginCmd and the associated IAXmodem support for it. See:

Using it you should be able to dynamically assign Caller*ID information from the fax-client or fax-server end of the communication channel.