From: David Mimms [mailto:david.mimms@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:08 PM
To: Munoz, John
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] 2nd instance of faxgetty won't start

But only ttyS1 indicates that it’s set to autoanswer.  I use webmin to handle hylafax management,  if I stop the service, only tt1S1 stops (the original modem)  When I reboot both modems come idle but only the original autoanswers.  Both Config.ttyS0 and Config.ttyS1 are set to autoanswer but the only way I can get ttyS1 to answer is to run:

faxgetty ttyS1

but this only works as long as my shell is open.  If I close it the modem no longer autoanswers.

How do I make hylafax listen on both modems upon startup?

You must add a faxgetty entry in /etc/inittab for the second modem.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions