|HylaFAX The world's most advanced open source fax server|
Nothing else had changed regarding the modem (and external MultiTech) and there had been no power losses that we knew of. Your comments led our sysadmin to suspect a faulty UART chip, and so we replaced the computer with another. We built this new box with Ubuntu and used the Hylafax 4.4.4 version that was available for Ubuntu. We are using the same modem, although we went the extra step of cleaning the connections at either end of it’s serial cable while we were at it (DeoxIT D5). The results? We haven’t seen any further Phase C errors, and the failure rate has lower nicely.
We still have some faxes with recurring problems that I need to start tracking down and resolving, and some configuration issues I’d like to tweak. Two tweaks in particular would be how to make the name of the PDF that gets attached to failed faxes be <destination fax number>.PDF and what to change so the first log file line does preprend 1207 to the destination fax number.
Nov 13 07:16:24.08: : SESSION BEGIN 000002296 1207732xxxyyyy
I have at least one destination that always fails when we fax to it. I recall seeing references to setting up exception files/dial behavior for specific destination faxes, but haven’t located any good information on how to do so. If you have any suggestions or could point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it. The error this one returns is: “DIS/DTC received 3 times; DCS not recognized; too many attempts to send”.
Thanks again for the pointers, suggestions and patience as we make this process more reliable.
Stott Hare wrote:
> Nov 05 22:35:20.29: [ 5106]: <-- data 
> Nov 05 22:35:21.57: [ 5106]: <-- data 
> Nov 05 22:35:23.17: [ 5106]: <-- data 
> Nov 05 22:37:23.19: [ 5106]: MODEM WRITE SHORT: sent 1024, wrote 966
> Nov 05 22:37:23.19: [ 5106]: <-- data 
> Nov 05 22:37:23.19: [ 5106]: --> [5:ERROR]
> Nov 05 22:37:23.19: [ 5106]: SEND end page
> Nov 05 22:37:23.19: [ 5106]: Unspecified Transmit Phase C error
> Nov 05 22:37:23.19: [ 5106]: <-- [9:AT+FRS=7\r]
> Nov 05 22:37:53.20: [ 5106]: MODEM <Timeout>
> Nov 05 22:37:53.20: [ 5106]: Failure to receive silence (synchronization failure).
> Nov 05 22:37:53.20: [ 5106]: <-- data 
> Nov 05 22:37:53.43: [ 5106]: MODEM <Timeout>
> Nov 05 22:37:53.43: [ 5106]: <-- [9:AT+FTH=3\r]
> Nov 05 22:38:01.00: [ 5106]: --> [0:]
> Nov 05 22:38:01.00: [ 5106]: SEND FAILED: JOB 1385 DEST 724xxxyyyy ERR  Unspecified Transmit Phase C error; too many attempts to send
> Nov 05 22:38:02.01: [ 5106]: <-- [5:ATH0\r]
> Nov 05 22:38:07.02: [ 5106]: MODEM <Timeout>
This means that something went wrong with the ability of HylaFAX to
write data to the modem. The device descriptor stopped accepting data.
It's like the modem got turned off or something.
If you didn't upgrade or change modems at the same time that you
upgraded HylaFAX then try rebooting or double-checking modem data
connections (PCI card insertion, etc).