Desktop Client Software
This page is a collection of desktop client software packages that are known to work with HylaFAX. If you see something missing here, please feel free to add it! For the sake of fairness, software has been listed in alphabetical order. Please respect this convention when you make additions. The year of the most recent update is in brackets (as of Apr 13,2009)
|AdiXein HFC||Free software to integrate HylaFAX and Microsoft Outlook!||2008|
|Faxfrontend||Fax from a Debian desktop||2007|
|Fax90 OS X||Free Mac OS X Hylafax Client||2009|
|Frog FaxMail||Free Windows Hylafax Client||2008|
|GFax||GNOME Facsimile Program||2006|
|HylaFAXSender||Java fax client, tested on Mac OS X and Linux. Client for OSX 10.7  (info in spanish)|
|hylapex||A multi-platform client written in python||2008|
|HermesFAX||Web interface for Hylafax from today, is AGPL||4 may 2012|
|IGSuite||Integrated Groupware Suite||2008|
|JHylaFAX||Sleek platform independent client written in Java||2007|
|Pyla||A multi-platform client Written in Python with Ldap integration||2007|
|SDfax||Mac software to send fax via TPC.int, which uses HylaFAX (unable to connect|
|Smbfax||Print to a faxmodem on your Samba server via HylaFAX||2003|
|Print to fax||OS Independent faxing by printing to a network printer, adapted from "Sambafax"||2009|
|SpoolFax||A middleware for faxing from applications||2003|
|SuSE||SuSefax: Java client to HylaFAX, is part of the Linux distribution SuSe|
|Tkhylafax||(unable to connect)|
|WHFC||A windows client for HylaFAX, 32-bit OS only, Win7 not tested||2010|
|W2hfax||Client for Windows 95/98 and NT 4.0||2005|
|Winflex||16-bit fax client for the Windows 3.11 platform, but note it uses the old protocol||(unable to connect)|
|Winprint HylaFAX||A simple-to-use Windows printer client||2008|
|Winprint HylaFAX for Windows 7||A simple-to-use Windows printer client - add support Windows 7, 32/64 bit||2011|
|Winprint HylaFAX Reloaded||A simple-to-use Windows printer client - supports Windows 7 32/64 bit. Can send multiple documents as one single fax. Handy installer.||2011|
|YajHFC||Yet another Java HylaFAX client. Runs under Windows, Linux, BSD and Mac OS X. Multi-language: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish and Turkish. Integrates "fax printer" for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7||2011|
|Hylidae||PDE is a Printing Dialog Extension for Mac OS X which relies on Hylidae as web-based interface and its REST-API||(unable to connect|
|FaxFinder||Multi-Tech FaxFinder® client software compatible with HylaFAX but non documented. All Windows versions are supported||2010|
|fax4CUPS||A fax back end for CUPS. The script requires a fax back end to be chosen between efax, a simple but effective fax management program, HylaFAX, a sophisticated server-based fax handling system, CapiSuite, an ISDN telecommunication suite, and mgetty-fax (Unix/Lunix||2011|
|winhfax.net||A client for HylaFAX written in .NET for Windows. Can preview sent faxes in PostScript format (needs ghostscript installed for this feature to work|
- MacHylafax Mac OS X Client, free 14 day evaluation. Compatible with 10.4 (Tiger) through to 10.8 (Mountain Lion). Full integration with OS X address book. Support for multiple server profiles.
- HylaFSP: Professional, easy to use "Print to fax" for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2003 Terminal Services, and Mac OS X (Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks). Free 30-day evaluation!
- Cypheus [last release: 28 Sep, 2007; beware sporadic application crashes]
- facsBridge T37FSP Fully integrated into Windows Fax Service (Windows Shared Fax) looks like it's part of Windows. Requires a bit of mail-to-fax configuration on HylaFAX.
- HylaFAX-Client: Windows Client Free 30 day evaluation! Full Featured. Ready for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Terminal Server 2003 / 2008 / 2008R2 32bit and 64bit / 2012 64bit. Users and groups management. Works with HylaFAX 6.X.X
- HylaFAX-SendFAX: Windows Client Free 30 day evaluation! Print to Fax Wizard, looks like Windows Fax. Ready for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Terminal Server 2003 / 2008 32bit and 64bit. Works with HylaFAX 6.X.X
- HermesFAX: Web interface for Hylafax from today(4 may 2012) is AGPL
- HyFAX: Windows Client, easy to use, fax catalog and addressbook in MySQL, support and documentation in Italian language. The version "base" it is completely free. Ready for Windows XP, Windows 7 32 and 64 Bit.
- Hylafx Printer A simple to install/use Windows printer client. [last release: 19 oct 2007; superceded by FantomFax (below)]
- iNODE FRA a hylafax 32bit client for Windows Vista/XP/2000 integrated with Windows Fax Services. The client is licensed to be used only by iNODE, a low cost, hylafax based, enterprise class, commercial communications server product.
- FaxClient HylaFAX Client for Windows 9x/NT/2K/XP/7... , free 30 day evaluation. Supports phonebooks via LDAP, ODBC or text files.
- FantomFax Windows HylaFAX Client, easy to use as Virtual Printer, Virtual Modem or COM-object. [last release: 13 aug 2009]
- FaxyApp Mac OS X Client integrated with system address book. Provides archive functionality. Available in Mac App Store.