HylaFAX 4.3.0 release
The HylaFAX development team is pleased to announce our 4.3.0 release! This release introduces several powerful new features to HylaFAX, and so we encourage you to check it out. No release would be complete without bugfixes of course, and this one has plenty. As always, our sincerest thanks go to all who participate in the development and testing process.
The source code for 4.3.0 can be downloaded from:
(md5: 15fbb3eb5fdf6def379799442a68da4e 1,468,136 bytes)
This document is intended to describe the significant differences between hylafax-4.3.0 and older releases, point out any known incompatibilites and issues, and provide the reader with directions to further resources regarding HylaFAX.
- JobControl: Allows arbitrary control of outbound jobs, and can provide send-side "virtualization" of devices
- DynamicConfig: Improved to allow arbitrary control of inbound jobs, and can provide receive-side "virtualization" of devices
- Internationalization: Templating system for translating the emails HylaFAX sends into other languages, with out-of-the-box support for French, German, Italian, Polish, Portugese and Spanish.
- Please refer to HylaFAX Bugzilla for a detailed list of issues.
- QualifyCID is obsolete, having been replaced by DynamicConfig
- DestControls is obsolete, having been replaced by JobControl
- Some modem config files generated from earlier versions' config file prototypes may contain Class1TCFRecvHack. This is no longer desireable for production use, and this feature should now only be used for debugging purposes.
- If upgrading from any release older than 4.2.2, be advised that CIDName/CIDNumber are now part of a larger CallID framework.
- libtiff-3.6.1 is fatally flawed when dealing with Group 3 images. Don't use it as-is. See: http://bugs.hylafax.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=500
WHO SHOULD UPGRADE?
Several new features have been added in this release that may be of considerable value to many users. We have also made imporant fixes to client-server timezone handling, the batching of outbound jobs, the Class 1 fax protocol's handling of V.34, and PAM on Solaris. For these reasons, this is a recommended upgrade for all users. Anyone presently using DestControls should study the new JobControl feature carefully and test migration to the new framework before upgrading a production server. Likewise, those using QualifyCID to reject faxes from certain callers should become familar with DynamicConfig and RejectCall.
HYLAFAX BINARY PACKAGES
Binary packages for some operating systems and platforms are available. Please see:
If you are able and willing to produce a binary package of HylaFAX for general distribution, and one is not already available for your platform/OS, then you are invited to add it to the Binary_Packages wiki page at www.hylafax.org.
HylaFAX has numerous public support resources available. The user is encouraged to utilize the manpage documentation before turning to other support arenas. However, if other support is desired, or if you would like to actively take part in the HylaFAX community, you are invited to:
join and participate in a HylaFAX mailing list
When corresponding about this software, please always specify:
- what version of HylaFAX you have,
- what system you're running on (if it is Linux please name the distribution)
- if the problem is modem-related, identify it and the firmware rev For example: "HylaFAX v4.0pl2 under RedHat Linux 4.2 with gcc 2.7.2; ZyXEL 1496E with 6.11a firmware."
read the on-line documentation and resources
review HylaFAX CVS
report confirmed bugs, feature requests, and submit patches
The HylaFAX development team