The HylaFAX development team is pleased to announce our 4.3.3 release!
This is primarily a bugfix release, and as such is a recommended upgrade.
Our sincerest thanks go to all who participate in the development and
The source code for 4.3.3 can be downloaded from:
(md5: 0eda0ed1eae16bee177d2bcfb3a052da 1,520,317 bytes)
The README from this release follows. Please read it carefully.
* * *
This document is intended to describe the significant differences
between hylafax-4.3.3 and older releases, point out any known
incompatibilites and issues, and provide the reader with directions to
further resources regarding HylaFAX.
* NEW FEATURES *
* emails can contain both pdf and tiff versions of each fax, instead of
only one of them.
* KNOWN ISSUES *
** Please refer to HylaFAX Bugzilla for a detailed list of issues.
* INCOMPATIBILITIES *
* HylaFAX no longer uses the bin/dictionary script and etc/FaxDictionary
file to customize emails. Users requiring customized emails should
create etc/templates/some-directory/, copy the basic *.txt templates
into there, set the $TEMPLATE variable in etc/FaxDispatch and
etc/FaxNotify and start hacking.
* QualifyCID is obsolete, having been replaced by DynamicConfig in 4.3.0
* DestControls is obsolete, having been replaced by JobControl in 4.3.0
* Some modem config files generated from earlier versions' config file
prototypes may contain Class1TCFRecvHack. This is no longer desireable
for production use, and this feature should now only be used for
* If upgrading from any release older than 4.2.2, be advised
that CIDName/CIDNumber are now part of a larger CallID framework.
* libtiff-3.6.1 is fatally flawed when dealing with Group 3 images.
Don't use it as-is.
* WHO SHOULD UPGRADE? *
This release contains important fixes to email templating and SNPP
authentication. All users should upgrade.
Anyone presently running a version of HylaFAX older than 4.3.0 and
using DestControls should study the JobControl feature we added in
4.3.0 carefully and test migration to the new framework before
upgrading a production server. Likewise, those using QualifyCID to
reject faxes from certain callers should become familar with
DynamicConfig and RejectCall.
* HYLAFAX BINARY PACKAGES *
Binary packages for some operating systems and platforms are available.
If you are able and willing to produce a binary package of HylaFAX for
general distribution, and one is not already available for your platform/OS,
then you are invited to add it to the Binary_Packages wiki page at
* SUPPORT *
HylaFAX has numerous public support resources available. The user is
encouraged to utilize the manpage documentation before turning to
other support arenas. However, if other support is desired, or if you
would like to actively take part in the HylaFAX community, you are
* join and participate in a HylaFAX mailing list
When corresponding about this software, please always specify:
- what version of HylaFAX you have,
- what system you're running on (if it is Linux please name the
- if the problem is modem-related, identify it and the firmware rev
For example: "HylaFAX 4.3.0 under CentOS 4.4 with gcc 3.4.6;
ZyXEL 1496E with 6.11a firmware."
* read the on-line documentation and resources
* review HylaFAX CVS
* report confirmed bugs, feature requests, and submit patches
The HylaFAX development team