* ANNOUNCE *
The HylaFAX development team is pleased to announce our 4.4.0 release!
The 4.4 branch of HylaFAX has been in development for the past 4 months. This
release includes many improvements over the 4.3 branch of HylaFAX and as such,
is a recommended upgrade.
Our sincerest thanks go to all who participate in the development and
The source code for 4.4.0 can be downloaded from:
(md5: fa086c6654a6ccefb127ac0476101c25 1,227,784 bytes)
* * *
HylaFAX 4.4 introduces several new features for HylaFAX:
* New scheduler core, optimized for batching and large queues
* Improved faxmail, handling documents independently using the same
flexible HylaFAX typerules framework used by sendfax
* Improved JPEG/JBIG support for Class1 and Class2
* faxq AuditHook for hooking into all faxq events
* STATUSCODE job paramater to complement the STATE and STATUS parameters
to allow clients to give customized descriptive messages about the
status of a job.
Upgrade to 4.4 from Previous releases
Things to watch:
* rerun faxaddmodem - lots of protocol fixes and corresponding config
* rerun faxsetup - changes to the encode selection and use for the
If upgrading from a release older than 4.3.3, make sure to also look at the upgrade
information in doc/RELEASENOTES-4.3.txt.
A complete list of changes in HylaFAX 4.4 is available in file doc/RELEASENOTES-4.4.txt.
* HYLAFAX BINARY PACKAGES *
Binary packages for some operating systems and platforms are available.
If you are able and willing to produce a binary package of HylaFAX for
general distribution, and one is not already available for your platform/OS,
then you are invited to add it to the Binary_Packages wiki page at
* SUPPORT *
HylaFAX has numerous public support resources available. The user is
encouraged to utilize the manpage documentation before turning to
other support arenas. However, if other support is desired, or if you
would like to actively take part in the HylaFAX community, you are
* join and participate in a HylaFAX mailing list
When corresponding about this software, please always specify:
- what version of HylaFAX you have,
- what system you're running on (if it is Linux please name the
- if the problem is modem-related, identify it and the firmware rev
For example: "HylaFAX 4.4.0 under CentOS 4.4 with gcc 3.4.6;
ZyXEL 1496E with 6.11a firmware."
* read the on-line documentation and resources
* review HylaFAX CVS
* report confirmed bugs, feature requests, and submit patches
The HylaFAX development team