HylaFAX 4.1.7 Release
The HylaFAX development team is pleased to announce our 4.1.7
patch-level release! This is a corrective release that fixes the
PageChop feature that we inadvertently broke in the 4.1.6 patch-level,
and is otherwise identical to 4.1.6. As always, our sincerest thanks
goes to all who participate and provide feedback.
The source code for the 4.1.7 release can be downloaded from:
(md5: 1302066b0055a060e525026919d98ff7 1,285,766 bytes)
* * *
This document is intended to describe the significant differences
between hylafax-4.1.7 and older releases, point out any known
incompatibilites and issues, and provide the reader with directions to
further resources regarding HylaFAX.
* NEW FEATURES *
Please refer to CHANGES for a detailed list of code changes
- added new edit-faxcover script
- added various enhancements to faxsetup
- default libtiff v3.6 compatibility
- added NOTIFY_FAXMASTER and ENCODING parameters for FaxDispatch
- added 2D-MMR support for Class 2 modems that support it
- added RingTimeout, ModemRingResponse, CIDNumberAnswerLength, and CIDNameAnswerLength modem config parameters
- support for MultiTech MT5634ZDXb and MT5634ZBA-DID
- added subaddressing specification capability to sendfax
- numerous bugfixes (several significant) and build cleanups
* KNOWN ISSUES *
Please refer to HylaFAX Bugzilla for a detailed list of issues.
- Specific support for fax class 1.0 is not yet implemented.
- A low-priority job can block a high priority job to the same destination.
- Newer versions of awk produce odd xferfaxstats output (use --nomap).
* INCOMPATIBILITIES *
- HylaFAX source needs to be extracted and built on a case-sensitive filesystem. Users with case-insensitive filesystems, such as those with Mac OS X HFS, will need to mount a new filesystem (i.e. UFS) for this purpose.
* WHO SHOULD UPGRADE? *
A large number of mission-critical bugs were fixed in 4.1.6 (see
CHANGES), but the PageChop feature was broken in that release and many
chose not to upgrade. Upgrading to 4.1.7 is now strongly recommended
for all users of 4.1.5 or older, and for anyone who installed 4.1.6
and requires PageChop functionality. If in doubt, upgrade!
* HYLAFAX BINARY PACKAGES *
Binary packages for some operating systems and platforms are available. Please see ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/binary/ and http://www.hylafax.org/howto/install.html#ss2.3.3 If you are able and willing to produce a binary package of HylaFAX for general distribution, then you are invited to join email@example.com and solicit your binary package.
* COMMERCIAL SUPPORT *
HylaFAX.org has partnered with iFax Solutions, Inc. to provide commercial support to HylaFAX users. Single-incident and annual support options are available, as well as a variety of consulting services. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* FREE SUPPORT *
HylaFAX has numerous support resources available. The user is encouraged to utilize the manpage documentation before turning to other support arenas. However, if other support is desired, or if you would like to actively take part in the HylaFAX community, you are invited to:
* join and participate in a HylaFAX mailing list
When corresponding about this software, please always specify:
- what version of HylaFAX you have,
- what system you're running on (if it is Linux please name the
- if the problem is modem-related, identify it and the firmware rev
For example: "HylaFAX v4.0pl2 under RedHat Linux 4.2 with gcc 2.7.2;
ZyXEL 1496E with 6.11a firmware."
* read the on-line documentation and resources
See: http://www.hylafax.org and http://www.hylafax.org/howto
* review HylaFAX CVS
* report confirmed bugs, feature requests, and submit patches
The HylaFAX development team
Last updated $Date: 2003/07/29 12:52:45 $.