HylaFAX 4.2.3 Release
The HylaFAX development team is pleased to announce our 4.2.3
patch level release! As always, our sincerest thanks go to all who
participate and provide feedback.
The source code for the 4.2.3 release can be downloaded from:
(md5: e72f381a766c58c692afdf42326dc4e6 1,449,095 bytes)
* * *
This document is intended to describe the significant differences
between hylafax-4.2.3 and older releases, point out any known
incompatibilites and issues, and provide the reader with directions to
further resources regarding HylaFAX.
* NEW FEATURES *
- IXO/TAP page batching
- JBIG send support via ModemSoftRTFCC in Class 1/1.0 (requires JBIG-KIT library)
- Retransmit-Ignore, a new RTNHandlingMethod, is now the default
- numerous other enhancements and bugfixes (see CHANGES)
* KNOWN ISSUES *
Please refer to HylaFAX Bugzilla for a detailed list of issues.
* INCOMPATIBILITIES *
- Some modem config files generated from earlier versions' config file prototypes may contain Class1TCFRecvHack. This is no longer desireable for production use, and this feature should now only be used for debugging purposes.
- If upgrading from any release other than 4.2.2 directly, be advised that CIDName/CIDNumber are now part of a larger CallID framework.
- libtiff-3.6.1 is fatally flawed when dealing with Group 3 images. Don't use it as-is. See: http://bugs.hylafax.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=500
* WHO SHOULD UPGRADE? *
- For security reasons, everyone should consider upgrading to this 4.2.3 release as soon as possible.
- Users of Class 1/1.0 devices should upgrade to benefit from ongoing work in this area
- Users who regularly send fax batches (first introduced in 4.2.0) should upgrade to get the fixes in 4.2.3.
* HYLAFAX BINARY PACKAGES *
Binary packages for some operating systems and platforms are available. Please see ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/binary/ and http://www.hylafax.org/howto/install.html#ss2.3.3 If you are able and willing to produce a binary package of HylaFAX for general distribution, then you are invited to join firstname.lastname@example.org and solicit your binary package.
* COMMERCIAL SUPPORT *
iFAX Solutions, Inc. (http://www.ifax.com) provides commercial support to HylaFAX users. Single-incident and annual support options are available, as well as a variety of consulting services. Contact email@example.com for more information.
* FREE SUPPORT *
HylaFAX has numerous support resources available. The user is encouraged to utilize the manpage documentation before turning to other support arenas. However, if other support is desired, or if you would like to actively take part in the HylaFAX community, you are invited to:
* join and participate in a HylaFAX mailing list
When corresponding about this software, please always specify:
- what version of HylaFAX you have,
- what system you're running on (if it is Linux please name the
- if the problem is modem-related, identify it and the firmware rev
For example: "HylaFAX v4.0pl2 under RedHat Linux 4.2 with gcc 2.7.2;
ZyXEL 1496E with 6.11a firmware."
* read the on-line documentation and resources
See: http://www.hylafax.org and http://www.hylafax.org/howto
* review HylaFAX CVS
* report confirmed bugs, feature requests, and submit patches
The HylaFAX development team
Last updated $Date: 2005/11/14 05:51:33 $.