US ROBOTICS COURIER
Manufacturer: U.S. Robotics (now part of 3Com)
Latest Firmware Revision Tried:
Recommended Firmware Revisions:
Last Updated: Date: 1997/02/20 01:16:11 $
- Firmware revisions numbers appear to be meaningless;
only the date stamps are useful.
- The first modem to be shipped with Class 2.0 support.
CLASS 1 SUPPORT
- When sending DCD is raised when carrier is first received, but it is
then dropped from the first HDLC receive until the point where the
initial training is sent (from that point on DCD is asserted); this
can be a problem because there is no way to override this behaviour
which means that the host must be capable of ignoring DCD for sending
to function correctly
CLASS 2.0 SUPPORT
- Previous Supervisor firmware revs were known to function incorrectly;
in particular, rev 5.1 (12/10/93)
- Certain firmware revisions incorrectly interpret the signalling rate
session parameter in +FIS and +FCC commands; this causes the modem to
attempt to negotiate session communication at 2400 bps
- RTS/CTS flow control does not work.
- Line counts returned in +FPS: status strings are wrong.
- The modem indicates it supports copy quality checking of received data,
but it does not.
US Robotics Sportster
Copyright © 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 Sam Leffler
Copyright © 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 Silicon Graphics, Inc.