Section: Misc. Reference Manual Pages (5F)
Updated: October 3, 1995
Return to Main Contents
recvq/fax* - received facsimile document format
Facsimile received by HylaFAX are placed in the
Each facsimile document is stored as a single
Class F Tagged Image File Format (TIFF) file.
This format includes the following information:
* page width and length
* horizontal and vertical resolution
* page orientation
* phone number of the sender
* date and time document was received
* number of scanlines received with errors
* maximum number of consecutive scanlines received with errors
* whether or not bad scanlines were regenerated by the receiver
* make and model of the modem used to receive the document
* name of the host computer on which the document was received
Image data is written using either
By default data is written using the compression scheme/data format
negotiated by the sender and receiver.
is configured to do copy quality checking
then data is written using the compression scheme defined by the
configuration parameter; see
A scanline that is regenerated by the
receiver because of an error is typically just a copy of
the previous good scanline.
The files in the
directory are created with the protection mode specified
in the server configuration file(s).
By default, files are created with mode 0600 and owned
user, which means that they are accessible only to the fax user.
To print a facsimile on a POSTSCRIPT® printer, the
program can be used.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created by
using the manual pages.
Time: 09:07:35 GMT, June 23, 2001