Manufacturer: Digicom Systems
Latest Firmware Revision Tried: 3507/3506
Recommended Firmware Revisions: 2A19/2931
Last Updated: Date: 1995/02/20 01:16:11 $
- There is online
FAQ for Digicom modems.
CLASS 1 SUPPORT
AT+FREV? all return "3" in some versions of firmware
(where vestiges of Class 2 support were present)
- ATS17=2 can be used to force 1300 Hz CNG tones to be sent (the
register is not documented)
RTS/CTS is not honored while sending page data; software flow
control must be used (AT*F2).
This is fixed in rev 3507/3506 firmware
by adding a register S24 that can be used to control flow control
in facsimile mode:
Note however that S24
is not permanent; it is reset after each disconnect. On power on
S24 is 0. S24 is unchanged by AT&F.
- 0 means use XON/XOFF,
- 1 means use RTS/CTS, and
- 2 means use whatever is specified by AT*F.
- Receiving at 4800 baud v.27 does not work correctly; received
data is garbage
(fixed in firmware revision 3225/3310).
- Commands must not be sent to the modem too fast, no more than
every 50ms (or more) depending on what the modem is doing.
- The modem gets confused by receivers that assert a data
carrier before sending CED; a +FCERROR result is returned before
usually returning "NO CARRIER"; this can sometimes be overcome
by sending 1300 Hz CNG tones instead of the normal 1100 Hz tones.
Copyright © 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 Sam Leffler
Copyright © 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 Silicon Graphics, Inc.