HylaFAX 4.2.1 ReleaseHylaFAX Release Notes
The HylaFAX development team is pleased to announce our 4.2.1 patch level release! As always, our sincerest thanks go to all who participate and provide feedback.
The source code for the 4.2.1 release can be downloaded from: ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/source/hylafax-4.2.1.tar.gz
(md5: 05430e41a279d0fff6d6e4b444440829 1,412,035 bytes)
This document is intended to describe the significant differences between hylafax-4.2.1 and older releases, point out any known incompatibilities and issues, and provide the reader with directions to further resources regarding HylaFAX.
- 1 New Features
- 2 Known Issues
- 3 Incompatibilities
- 4 Who Should Upgrade?
- 5 HylaFAX Binary Packages
- 6 Commercial Support
- 7 Free Support
- hfaxd security fix for hosts.hfaxd entries without passwords (CAN-2004-1182)
- support for gcc v3.3 and libtiff v3.7
- fax batching support
- numerous other enhancements and bug fixes (see CHANGES)
Please refer to HylaFAX Bugzilla for a detailed list of issues.
- libtiff-3.6.1 is fatally flawed when dealing with Group 3 images. Don’t use it as-is. See: http://bugs.hylafax.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=500
Who Should Upgrade?
- For security reasons, everyone should consider upgrading to this 4.2.1 release as soon as possible.
HylaFAX Binary Packages
Binary packages for some operating systems and platforms are available. Please see ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/binary/ and http://www.hylafax.org/howto/install.html#ss2.3.3 If you are able and willing to produce a binary package of HylaFAX for general distribution, then you are invited to join email@example.com and solicit your binary package.
iFAX Solutions, Inc. (http://www.ifax.com) provides commercial support to HylaFAX users. Single-incident and annual support options are available, as well as a variety of consulting services. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
HylaFAX has numerous public support resources available. The user is encouraged to utilize the manpage documentation before turning to other support arenas. However, if other support is desired, or if you would like to actively take part in the HylaFAX community, you are invited to:
Join and participate in a HylaFAX mailing list
When corresponding about this software, please always specify:
- what version of HylaFAX you have,
- what system you’re running on (if it is Linux please name the distribution)
- if the problem is modem-related, identify it and the firmware rev For example: “HylaFAX v4.0pl2 under RedHat Linux 4.2 with gcc 2.7.2; ZyXEL 1496E with 6.11a firmware.”
Read the on-line documentation and resources
Review HylaFAX CVS
Report confirmed bugs, feature requests, and submit patches
The HylaFAX development team