HylaFAX 4.3.4 ReleaseHylaFAX Release Notes
* ANNOUNCE *
The HylaFAX development team is pleased to announce our 4.3.4 release!
The 4.3 branch of HylaFAX has been in stable mode since 4.3.3. Any release since then is strictly a bug fix release, and as such, is a
Our sincerest thanks go to all who participate in the development and testing process.
The source code for 4.3.4 can be downloaded from: ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/source/hylafax-4.3.4.tar.gz
(md5: 06c9ddd804d5dc278e183fdd2a80ee39 1,467,634 bytes)
* * *
This document is intended to describe the significant differences between hylafax-4.3.3 and older releases, point out any known
incompatibilites and issues, and provide the reader with directions to further resources regarding HylaFAX.
* INCOMPATIBILITIES *
* HylaFAX no longer uses the bin/dictionary script and etc/FaxDictionary file to customize emails. Users requiring customized emails should create etc/templates/some-directory/, copy the basic *.txt templates into there, set the $TEMPLATE variable in etc/FaxDispatch and etc/FaxNotify and start hacking.
* QualifyCID is obsolete, having been replaced by DynamicConfig in 4.3.0
* DestControls is obsolete, having been replaced by JobControl in 4.3.0
* Some modem config files generated from earlier versions’ config file prototypes may contain Class1TCFRecvHack. This is no longer desirable for production use, and this feature should now only be used for debugging purposes.
* If upgrading from any release older than 4.2.2, be advised that CIDName/CIDNumber are now part of a larger CallID framework.
* libtiff-3.6.1 is fatally flawed when dealing with Group 3 images.
Don’t use it as-is.
* WHO SHOULD UPGRADE? *
This release contains important fixes to the faxq job scheduler. All users should upgrade.
Anyone presently running a version of HylaFAX older than 4.3.0 and using DestControls should study the JobControl feature we added in 4.3.0 carefully and test migration to the new framework before upgrading a production server. Likewise, those using QualifyCID to reject faxes from certain callers should become familiar with DynamicConfig and RejectCall.
* HYLAFAX BINARY PACKAGES *
Binary packages for some operating systems and platforms are available.
If you are able and willing to produce a binary package of HylaFAX for general distribution, and one is not already available for your platform/OS, then you are invited to add it to the Binary_Packages wiki page at https://hylafax.org.
* SUPPORT *
HylaFAX has numerous public support resources available. The user is encouraged to utilize the manpage documentation before turning to other support arenas. However, if other support is desired, or if you would like to actively take part in the HylaFAX community, you are invited to:
* join and participate in a HylaFAX mailing list
When corresponding about this software, please always specify:
– what version of HylaFAX you have,
– what system you’re running on (if it is Linux please name the distribution)
– if the problem is modem-related, identify it and the firmware rev
For example: “HylaFAX 4.3.0 under CentOS 4.4 with gcc 3.4.6; ZyXEL 1496E with 6.11a firmware.”
* read the on-line documentation and resources
* review HylaFAX CVS
* report confirmed bugs, feature requests, and submit patches
The HylaFAX development team