HylaFAX 6.0.0 ReleaseHylaFAX Release Notes
* ANNOUNCE *
The HylaFAX development team is pleased to announce the first release of HylaFAX 6.0. HylaFAX 6.0 contains lots of new development and features that have accumulated in CVS for the past year since HylaFAX 4.4 was branched off for stable maintenance.
Our sincerest thanks go to all who participate in the development and testing process.
The source code for this release is available from our FTP site: ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/source/hylafax-6.0.0.tar.gz
HylaFAX 6.0 introduces several new features for HylaFAX:
* PCL Support
* hfaxd can sort list output (like sendq) arbitrarily for clients
* I18n: HylaFAX client strings are now translated and available in different languages
* IPv6 support
* New permissions in hfaxd to allow for more admin control on who can see/modify jobs/faxes (see PublicJobQ/JobProtection/PublicRecvQ)
* Powerful page range handling capabilities
* Better faxq/notify integration as well as many improvements to the T.30 protocol code.
There are only 2 differences to note if you’re upgrading from HylaFAX 4.4 or older, neither of which are likely to affect many users:
1. If you have clients that still use the old protocol (not the common FTP style protocol), they will no longer work with the new hfaxd daemon.
2. The notification email mechanism no longer sends “blocked” emails by default, as the jobs are not being requeued, or done. To continue receiving them, you’ll need to configure it accordingly in FaxNotify.
The full set of release notes is browsable:
* HYLAFAX BINARY PACKAGES *
Binary packages for some operating systems and platforms are available.
If you are able and willing to produce a binary package of HylaFAX for general distribution and one is not already available for your platform/OS, then you are invited to add it to the Binary_Packages wiki page above.
* SUPPORT *
HylaFAX has numerous public support resources available. The user is encouraged to utilize the manpage documentation before turning to other support arenas. However, if other support is desired, or if you would like to actively take part in the HylaFAX community, you are invited to:
* join and participate in a HylaFAX mailing list
When corresponding about this software, please always specify:
– what version of HylaFAX you have,
– what system you’re running on (if it is Linux please name the distribution)
– if the problem is modem-related, identify it and the firmware rev
For example: “HylaFAX 6.0.0 under CentOS 5.3 with gcc 4.3.1;
ZyXEL 1496E with 6.11a firmware.”
* read the on-line documentation and resources
* review HylaFAX CVS
* report confirmed bugs, feature requests, and submit patches
The HylaFAX development team
The HylaFAX development team is pleased to announce the maintenance release of 6.0.2. This release is available from our ftp site: ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/source/
This release is a maintenance release, and does not contain any new features or functionality, but only bug fixes:
* distrules: Add rpm patches
* RPM spec: Don’t try and force all client programs to $BIN
* Socket.h: OpenBSD portability
* FaxClient: Apparently <modem>@ is used and common
* Have RPM patched fax setup check for the right -server package name to detect server installation.
* Socket fixes for BSD 4.4 sockets
All users running a version of 6.0 are encouraged to update to this release.
Users of older releases should carefully read the release notes, and consider upgrading.